Uganda: Ultimate Safari with chimps & local villages
Immerse yourself in Uganda’s untamed playground, home to the world’s most spectacular animals. The most affordable of its kind, this best-selling itinerary includes intimate encounters at three national parks filled with quintessential African wildlife, two incredible forests that are home to the great apes and authentic cultural experiences. This ‘once in a lifetime’ trip is neatly woven together by the charm and charisma that exudes from the Ugandan people you will meet along the way.
This incredible safari and chimp experience pairs well with the ultimate Uganda experience, gorilla trekking! Extend your stay with one of our unforgettable gorilla trekking safaris that take you deeper into Uganda and the Impenatrable Forest.
- Memorable Rhino Trekking Expedition.
- Encounter A Range Of Wildlife Species Including:
- Uganda Kobs, Reedbucks, Hippos And Nile Crocodiles.
- Boat Ride Getting Up Close To Murchison Falls Itself.
- Once In A Lifetime Chimpanzee Trekking Experience.
AccommodationsActivities as SpecifiedEnglish Speaking GuideGovernment taxesMeals as SpecifiedTransportation
Domestic AirfareInternational AirfareTips For Tour GuidesTravel InsuranceVisa Processing
From our gallery
The Source of the Nile in Jinja, Tree Climbing Lions in Ishasha, the unrivaled landscape of Murchison Falls, Hippos in the Kazinga Channel, the remote beauty of Kidepo, and Lake Victoria itself all make Uganda an incredible place to visit and the best kept secret of the African safari. However, despite its endless breathtaking attractions, it is the People of Uganda that make this country the best destination in all of Africa.
Day 1: Depart United States
- Your journey begins with a flight to Uganda from your United States gateway through our partner airline.
Day 2: Arrival in Uganda
- On arrival, you will be met at the Airport by your personal guide who will escort you to your safari vehicle and introduce you to your driver.
- A short drive will bring you to your accommodation where you will be able to unwind, relax and contemplate the adventure that lies ahead.
Day 3: Entebbe – Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary – Murchison Falls National Park
- Enjoy an early breakfast before embarking on your journey to Murchison Falls with a stop along the way at the Rhino Sanctuary at Ziwa. You will be lead by trained rangers who will guide you through a memorable Rhino Trekking expedition. You will have the opportunity to observe the rhinos at a very close but safe distance.
- While at the sanctuary you will also encounter a range of other wildlife species including Uganda kobs, reedbucks, oribis, hippos and Nile crocodiles.
- In the afternoon, you will arrive in Murchison Falls National Park, which is split into its northern and southern sectors by the mighty Nile that runs east to west through the Park.
- You will then check into the Pakuba Lodge and enjoy a welcome dinner.
Day 4: Murchison Falls National Park
- This amazing day begins with an early wake-up call before sunrise for your first game drive, which in Murchison Falls is sure to be incredible. The park is home to all of the Big 5 (with the exception of the rhino) along with hippos, giraffe, as well as several antelope and monkey species. Most of the game viewing is done around the Buligi Game tracks in the northern sector of the park. The park also boasts the Nile – Lake Albert Delta, which is home to a large number of native birds, including African fish eagles and the rare shoebill storks.
- After lunch, it is time for a boat ride along the Nile to the foot of Murchison Falls, so be sure to have your cameras ready for this one! Expect to see birds perched on tree branches ready to hunt; mammals drinking or cooling down in the river; and reptiles basking in the sun on the river banks.
- One of the highlights of the boat ride is getting up close to Murchison Falls itself, allowing you to feel the awesome power and beauty that comes when the world’s longest river is forced through a 7-meter gap before dropping 40 meters as is continues its journey to the Mediterranean Sea. This unforgettable trip on the River Nile harks back to the days of the intrepid explorers of days gone by.
Day 5: Murchison Falls – Hoima – Kibale National Forest
- After an early morning game drive and breakfast, you will head south for a visit to the top of Murchison Falls for a scenic view from this vantage point, which really put the falls into perspective.
- Next, we travel to the town of Hoima Town, which serves as stopping point midway between Murchison Falls National Park and Kibale Forest National Park. Historically known as the principal city of the Bunyoro Kingdom, Hoima Town represents a traditional blend of rural and town life you will not see anywhere else in Uganda.
- After a brief stop in Hoima you will continue the safari heading south towards Kibale Forest National Park, the primate capital of the world.
Day 6: Chimpanzee Trekking and the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary
- Your once in a lifetime Chimpanzee Trekking experience has finally arrived!
- After breakfast, you will travel to the Uganda Wildlife Authority Headquarters at Kayanchu Gate where your trekking group will head into the forest with a guide after a short briefing. Approximately one hour before your group sets off an advance party of guides will have entered the forest to locate where the Chimpanzees spent the night.
- Once located the advance party will send a radio message back to your trekking group so you can navigate through the forest to find the chimpanzees.
- During the trek, you will also get to see the different birds, animals and plant species within the forest. Once you locate the Chimpanzees you will spend only fone hour with them, which ensures that the Chimpanzees don’t become accustomed to human contact.
- Next, it is on to the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary, a part of the Magombe Swamp just south of Kibale National Park. A visit to the sanctuary enables you to see rare mammals and birds, like the webbed feet sitatunga and the great blue turaco, which call this diverse place home. However, if you aren’t lucky enough to see them, there are still plenty of other animals, including bush pigs, black and white colobus monkeys and over 200 species of birds that inhabit the swamp.
Day 7: Queen Elizabeth National Park and Kazinga Channel
- The excitement of Chimpanzee Trekking will likely still be with you as the safari continues to Queen Elizabeth National Park in the afternoon.
- Entry will be via the northern sector famous for the Kasenyi Plains and Kazinga Channel, where you will notice a distinct change in scenery as the lush green crater lake region of surrounding Kibale Forest gives way to the open savannah lands of Queen Elizabeth National Park. One of the highlights of visiting Queen Elizabeth National 8 Park is the afternoon boat ride along the Kazinga Channel.
- The boat ride is a round trip beginning at the Mweya Peninsula and lasting approximately three hours. The Channel is a 32-kilometre long natural channel that links Lake Edward and Lake George. The channel has one of the world’s largest concentration of hippos, numerous Nile crocodiles, buffalo, elephants and a whole host of birds, including African fish eagles, kingfishers, Herons, storks and skimmers.
- The early evening schedule includes a bit of local culture with a visit to the Kataara Women’s Group to learn about the the artistic diversity of the local products that they are creating and selling to support the village. A visit to the group will enable to find out more about how this incredible enterprise works and be inspired by the individual stories that the women have.
- There will also be a chance to support the group by purchasing reasonably priced crafts.
Day 8: Morning game drive and transfer to Ishasha Sector of the Park
- With the Kazinga Channel and the Game drives in the northern part of the park experiences ticked off your list, Queen Elizabeth National Park has a parting gift as you head south.
- The Southern Sector of the park is called the Ishasha Sector and it is famous for the fig tree climbing lions that inhabit this area. Driving this way will give you an opportunity to catch a glimpse of the lions, which make a great photo.
Day 9: Queen Elizabeth National Park and Entebbe (or add-on Gorilla Trekking extension, details below).
- After your incredible safari, it will be time to head back.
- During this final leg of the trip, you will leave Queen Elizabeth National Park with your last to chance to view the wildlife as you head back to Entebbe for your flight back home. There are not many places in the world that have the wide range of wildlife, nature and culture 9 so you will have experienced something most people in the world will never experience.
Day 10: Arrive Home in the United States
- We hope you took loads of great photos and had a wonderful experience that will live with you for a long time.
DatesUnlike most tour operators, you are not required to choose a fixed date or travel with a group. You can choose to begin your private tour on any date. These are EVERYDAY DEPARTURES.
|3 Star||4 Star||5 Star|
|High Season (Apr, May, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct)||
|Low Season (Jan, Feb, Mar, Jun, Nov, Dec)||
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
- Single supplement price for single room as part of a group of 2 or more.
- One person traveling alone will incur a higher price due to private tour.
- All prices and fares are quoted in U.S. dollars and subject to change.
- Please note: Prices for 5 & more travelers available upon request.