Thailand: Bangkok & Northern Thai-Food Heaven
Welcome to your introduction of Northern Thai cuisine. But that’s not it — glittering temples, centuries’ old historic sites, dazzling recipes, and the friendly Thai smiles — all of these make Thailand one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. This tour shares and highlights all of these assets. What’s more, other experiences will add more flavors to your Thailand tour — ride along the canal on a traditional long-tail boat, observe the people bargaining at the floating market, try your hand at cooking authentic local food with a Lanna family. Thailand is without question one of the most exotic destinations in today’s world. With its rich history, extremely friendly people, deep culture, and what many think is the tastiest, most interesting cuisine found anywhere, this Southeast Asian gem provides travelers with a sensory experience second to none. From its famous floating markets to its Buddhist Temples, the sumptuous delicacies and mountains of Chiang Mai, you won’t find more stunning landscapes, quality of cuisine, kindness of people, or such a diversity of experiences anywhere else. Enjoy this top tour to Thailand… and be sure to share the recipes you’ve learned with your family and friend back home!
- Discover Bangkok’s biggest flower and vegetable market
- Behold Bangkok’s Grand Palace
- Cruise Bangkok’s canals in long-tailed boat
- Visit a floating market
- Check out the railway train market
- Experience a midnight food tour
- Ayutthaya, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Chiang Mai city tour
- Enjoy a full-day cooking experience with a local Lanna family
- Full-day tour of the amazing Elephant Nature Park
AccommodationsActivities as SpecifiedEnglish Speaking GuideMeals as SpecifiedTransportation
Domestic AirfareGovernment taxesInternational AirfareTips For Tour GuidesTravel InsuranceVisa Processing
- Upon landing in Bangkok your guide will meet you at the airport and escort you to your hotel. The rest of the day is on your own to relax. Welcome to the land of smiles!
- After breakfast at the hotel, your guide and driver will help you discover Bangkok. Your Bangkok city tour will first take you to a colorful flower and vegetable market to experience authentic local life and behold the city's biggest flower market. Next, you'll visit the renowned Grand Palace. Wat Phra Kaew, inside the palace, is Thailand's most important Buddhist temple.
- After lunch at a local restaurant, you'll continue your journey with a long-tail boat ride along the canal to see stilted Thai houses and the typical rural lifestyle. This long-tailed boat tour will take you through Bangkok's canals, locally known as Khlongs, to explore a greener and more peaceful part of this massive city. The last stop for today is Wat Arun, which is one of the most published images of Bangkok. Lucky you!
- This morning, you'll drive beyond Bangkok to visit Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, where you can see local vendors selling goods such as various tropical fruits from their wooden boats along the small canal. Take pictures, try some mango and sticky rice or hot soup with fish balls. Yum. Later, you'll transfer to Maeklong Railway Train Market, a traditional Thai market selling fresh vegetables, food, and fruit. What makes it special is that a railway line crosses the marketplace where, eight times a day, the train goes right over some vegetable stalls laying on the ground (witnessing this spectacle is time dependent).
- After driving back to your hotel, a tuk tuk driver will pick you up to start your midnight food tour. Your guide will lead you to some Bangkokian’s favorite places to eat including 7+ delicious dishes, which make a tasty late dinner.
- After the tour, you'll be escorted back to your hotel by tuk tuk.
Bangkok / Ayutthaya / Bangkok
- After breakfast at the hotel, we'll drive north to Ayutthaya for a journey back in time to the former capital which is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The sightseeing begins in Bang Pa-In Summer Palace and continues to Wat Maha That, a classic temple ruin of Ayutthaya that is famous for its picturesque Buddha head engulfed by the Bodhi tree roots. The foundation size, remaining prangs, and towers attest to its significance during its time.
- After a delicious Thai lunch, you'll move on to the Ayutthaya Historical Park and visit the ancient palace grounds. Wat Phra Sri Sanphet, once a royal temple lying beside the Grand Palace. Adjacent to Wat Phra Sri Sanphet is Viharn Phra Mongkol Bopit, an impressive building that houses a large seated bronze Buddha image. Its rebuilt pristine hall was believed to be a replica of the old Assembly Hall of Ayutthaya.
- Transfer to your hotel in Bangkok for an overnight. What a day!
BANGKOK / CHIANG MAI
- After breakfast, we'll drive to airport for a late morning flight to Chiang Mai, which is located in the northern part of Thailand. Upon arrival, your Chiang Mai local guide will greet you at the airport and escort you to your hotel for check in.
- In the afternoon, you'll enjoy a city tour that visits Wat Chedi Luang, Wat Phra Singh and then proceeds to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep with a stopover to visit Wat Umong.
- A 15-minute drive out of Chiang Mai leads you to a traditional Lanna family who continue the traditions of many generations by building their homes out of teak wood while maintaining the natural surroundings in a way that now is rarely seen in Chiang Mai. You'll use traditional home recipes blending authentic Northern Thai flavors that are different from standard dishes offered in commercial cooking classes by selecting fresh ingredients from the garden to add to today’s cooking extravaganza. You'll surely enjoy the opportunity to get to know a real Thai family, be their house guest for the day, and enjoy a delicious home-cooked lunch with them. This is the real deal!
CHIANG MAI DEPARTURE
- Enjoy some free time after breakfast until your guide picks you up to the airport for your onward flight.
DatesUnlike most tour operators, you are not required to choose a fixed date or travel with a group. You can choose to begin your private tour on any date. These are EVERYDAY DEPARTURES.
|3 Star||4 Star||5 Star|
|High Season (Apr, May, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct)||
|Low Season (Jan, Feb, Mar, Jun, Nov, Dec)||
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
- Single supplement price for single room as part of a group of 2 or more.
- One person traveling alone will incur a higher price due to private tour.
- All prices and fares are quoted in U.S. dollars and subject to change.
- Prices for 4 & more travelers available upon request.