Taiwan: Ultimate Taipei-Area Culture & Adventure
Taipei, Taiwan, has experienced an incredible revitalization — and you’ve got to check it out. In the late 1980s, Taipei was a sooty traffic jam barely giving way to a gritty, noisy industrial metropolis heaving with helmet-free scooters doubling as family mini-vans. Today, 23 million people riding 15 million scooters—now all wearing helmets—share the roads with 8 million 4-wheel vehicles…but it works. Rude driving and horn-honking are rare and the air is clear in what is now a dazzling, livable city. You might even see a scooter carrying a dog wearing her own helmet. As amazing as Singapore’s 1970’s turnaround, Taipei’s central planning rebirth makes it a great destination where shopping pedestrians enjoy a genuine right-of-way when crossing intersections. A once polluted river now has a tree-lined riverbank park with bicycle lanes. No food or drink is allowed on their vast, efficient, predictable and odorless subway network; this rule is enforced!
Ps, Taiwan is well positioned for a short stopover on your way to mainland China or Southeast Asia. You have options!
Revitalized shrines, temples and colonial buildings mingle with dazzling skyscrapers that have repainted this into a contemporary landscape. A transformation miracle reminiscent of New York City’s Times Square, this revolution also showcases Taipei’s green architecture. Welcome to Taiwan — you are going to enjoy this incredible tour of the Taipei and it’s green otherworlds!
- City tour of Taipei
- National Palace Museum, the treasure chest of Chinese culture
- Longshan Temple, a feast of architecture and folk culture
- Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall
- Taipei 101, the tallest building in Taiwan
- Yehliu Geopark’s unique rock formations
- Jiufen, the captivating 19th century gold rush town
- The Golden Waterfall
- Tea picking and understanding the process of making tea
- Shifen Waterfall, regarded as Taiwan’s Niagara Falls
AccommodationsActivities as SpecifiedEnglish Speaking GuideGovernment taxesTransportation
Domestic AirfareInternational AirfareMeals as SpecifiedTips For Tour GuidesTravel InsuranceVisa Processing
- Upon arrival, your private guide will meet you at the airport and then escort you via private car to your hotel in Taipei. The rest of the day is free time on your own. Go explore!
- After breakfast, you'll rise with the vibrant Taipei and start today's exploration. The first stop is the National Palace Museum, where you'll discover the treasure chest of Chinese culture. Later, you'll visit Longshan Temple to soak up a feast of architecture and folk culture.
- Your next stop will be the historical Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall, followed by a visit to the symbol of Taipei – Taipei 101, the tallest building in Taiwan. You can take in the fantastic view of the whole city from its observation deck on the 89th floor.
- Spend the remaining time of the day at leisure. Keep exploring!
- Today, you'll set off for northern Taiwan's natural and cultural wonders by first visiting Yehliu Geopark, where you'll be amazed at the various unique rock formations such as the famous Queen's Head.
- After that, we'll continue driving to Jiufen, the captivating 19th century gold rush town located on a hillside full of small shops offering crafts and local snacks. You can stroll on the town's old street and visit Shengping Theater, a local vintage theater house.
- Later, we'll continue onto Jiufen and then arrive at Golden Waterfall.
- Upon returning to back to downtown Taipei, you have the rest of the day to do as you wish.
- In the morning, after breakfast, you'll be transferred to a mountain where you'll experience tea picking and understand the process of making tea.
- Then we'll continue to Shifen Old Street where you can make a sky lantern and release it with your wishes on the railway. The interesting "train passing by doorways" and the fun of shopping besides the railway tracks will make for an unforgettable memory.
- The last stop is Shifen Waterfall, a 40-meter-tall waterfall widely regarded as Taiwan's Niagara Falls. Lucky you!
- Return to your hotel in Taipei for an overnight.
DEPARTURE FROM TAIWAN
- After breakfast you'll be transferred from your hotel to the international airport for your onward flight.
DatesUnlike most tour operators, you are not required to choose a fixed date or travel with a group. You can choose to begin your private tour on any date. These are EVERYDAY DEPARTURES.
|3 Star||4 Star||5 Star|
|High Season (Apr, May, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct)||
|Low Season (Jan, Feb, Mar, Jun, Nov, Dec)||
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
- Single supplement price for single room as part of a group of 2 or more.
- One person traveling alone will incur a higher price due to private tour.
- All prices and fares are quoted in U.S. dollars and subject to change.
- Please note: Prices for 5 & more travelers available upon request.