SOUTH AFRICA: GOLF SAFARI IN THE ZULU KINGDOM
KwaZulu Natal is widely considered to be the most historically and culturally rich region in South Africa. Not only is KwaZulu a captivating region due to its stunning landscapes and vibrant history, it’s also home to some of the best luxury golf resorts in South Africa. Described as ‘Seven Worlds of Wonder,’ &Beyond Phinda encompasses an impressive 70,560 acres of prime Big Five wilderness in KwaZulu-Natal. This Reserve comprises seven distinct habitats – from dry sand forest to wetland systems and mountain ranges. Catch a glimpse of the shy suni antelope, track rhino in the bushveld, observe breeding herds of elephant in fever tree forests, hold your breath as a cheetah teaches her cubs to hunt, glide past hippo on the Mzinene River and marvel at the gracious nyala. Phinda is home to more than 3 000 of these rare antelopes.
Idyllically set on the exquisite North Coast of South Africa, Ballito is a quiet seaside resort town known for its spectacular beaches and laid back atmosphere. The town features an attractive blue flag accredited the main beach which offers safe swimming conditions as well as lifeguards and protective shark nets. There are also some lovely tidal pools which are ideal for families with young children. The area is famous for its large school of dolphins which can be spotted on a leisurely boat cruise or while relaxing on the shore. Whales are also frequently seen on their annual migration to Mozambique for the summer. Other popular activities on offer include golf, tennis, squash, scuba diving, and a variety of other watersports.
Located on the eastern coast of South Africa, just outside of the port city of Durban, Umhlanga Rocks, also referred to as Umhlanga, is a popular seaside resort town. The tropical weather and lush vegetation make this an enticing holiday destination attracting visitors from all over the world. Umhlanga and its surrounds feature golden-sand beaches stretching over 200 kilometers, endless sugarcane fields and the rolling verdant landscape of the Valley of 1000 Hills. It is the perfect location for ocean enthusiasts and outdoor adventurers alike, with great opportunities for diving, swimming, scuba diving, whale watching, dolphin viewing, deep-sea fishing, and kiteboarding. Don’t miss Umhlanga’s excellent golf courses; they are a real treat for the avid golfer.
- Breathtaking Luxury Game Drives
- Embark On A Thrilling Walking Safari
- 18 Holes At Prince’s Grant Golf Course
- Enjoy Marine Life With Tours And Diving Excursions
- 18 Holes At Durban Country Club
- 18 Holes At Wild Coast Sun Country Club
AccommodationsActivities as SpecifiedEnglish Speaking GuideGovernment taxesMeals as SpecifiedTransportation
Domestic AirfareInternational AirfareTips For Tour GuidesTravel InsuranceVisa Processing
&BEYOND PHINDA PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
- Arrival at Durban King Shaka International Airport and transferred to &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve for check-in and, three days of daily activities that include:
- Game Drives: Enjoy early morning and late afternoon game drives that continue after nightfall. &Beyond's professionally trained guides will ask you about your favorite wildlife and will do their best to ensure that your preferences are met, whether it is tracking a particular species or spending more time enjoying each sighting and getting to know the habits of the animals. They will also tell you about the vegetation of the region and will explain the behavior of the animals that you come across. In some cases, the guides will be able to identify individual animals and let you know about their history and habits.
- Luxury Walking Safari: For those looking for an active thrill beyond the excitement of Big Five sightings on a game drive vehicle, &Beyond’s Luxury Walking Safaris offer an opportunity to connect with the African bush, interacting with all its inhabitants, from largest to smallest. Embark on an adventure where your feet tread in the tracks of zebra and buffalo, your nostrils fill with the scent of crushed wild grasses as you push through the bush and of your senses come alive.
- A Night Under The Stars: Spend the night sleeping directly beneath the stars in the heart of the bush on this thrilling overnight adventure. As the sun sets at the end of your afternoon game drive, you will arrive at a beautiful clearing in the midst of the bush, where comfortable beds with warm duvets and blankets, as well as billowing mosquito nets, are set up for you. Pull your chair up to the blazing campfire and toast the sunset as the darkness deepens. Enjoy a delicious meal prepared on the open fire and fall asleep in utter tranquility, surrounded by Africa’s night sounds and kept safe by an armed guard.
&BEYOND PHINDA PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
- Full day of activities throughout the private game reserve
&BEYOND PHINDA PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
- Morning game drive and transfer to Sodwana Bay for Scuba Safari/Turtle Nesting Tour
- Indian Ocean Scuba Safari: Recognised as one of the top ten dive sites in the world, Sodwana Bay offers an abundance of fish and marine life throughout the year. The gullies, ledges, and pinnacles of the coral reef are home to more than 1,200 fascinating fish species.
- Turtle Nesting Tour: For four months during the southern hemisphere summer, the enormous leatherback and loggerhead turtles emerge from the Indian Ocean at Sodwana Bay to lay their precious eggs in the sand. As the moon rises over the ocean, excitement grows as you drive along the deserted coastline in search of fresh turtle tracks that emerge from the ocean and travel along the beach in search of a suitable nesting site. Watch as the female turtle digs her nest and lays her clutch of up to a hundred eggs.
- Return to Phinda for evening game drive and dinner
&BEYOND PHINDA PRIVATE GAME RESERVE / FAIRMONT ZIMBALI LODGE
- Morning game drive, breakfast, check out and transfer to Fairmont Zimbali Lodge for lunch afternoon of golf and spa at Zimbali Country Club.
- Offering irresistible ocean and forest views, exceptional water and wetland features and an inspiring natural setting, Zimbali Country Club has developed the reputation of a memorable course with charisma and challenge.
PRINCE’S GRANT GOLF COURSE
- Breakfast and morning transfer to Prince’s Grant Golf Course. Large greens, undulating fairways, and inspiring views. Each hole at Prince's Grant is unique and provides golfers with both a challenging and rewarding experience. The course has constantly been ranked as one of the top courses in the country.
- Breakfast and morning transfer to South Coast for a full-day marine tour: An enlightening tour that explores South Africa’s contribution to the conservation of marine life along its shores and beyond.
- Depart your hotel and transfer to The Kwazulu-Natal Sharks Board. The KwaZulu-Natal coastline is the only coastline with 37 beaches all equipped with a "shark control" program (using shark nets and drum lines) which is owned and maintained by the KwaZulu-Natal Sharks Board Maritime Centre of Excellence in South Africa. Learn about their work & research on the biology of sharks and other local marine life. In-depth research, that has already produced vital insight, is conducted into shark behaviour, feeding and breeding. Tourists and scholars are educated with dynamic audio-visual shows and shark dissections.
- Continue to uShaka Marine World, the largest Marine Aquarium on the African continent and the 5th largest in the world. The unique design offers the visitor an underwater exploration as one traverses through sunken wrecks. The tour ends with an unforgettable Dolphin show. Return to your hotel in the late afternoon.
- All-day at leisure at one of South Africa’s finest luxury beach resorts with direct access to the beach for swimming and any activities you would like to participate in.
- The Oyster Box combines colonial charm, impeccable service, lush tropical gardens, and breathtaking seaside setting. A lovingly refurbished landmark, it offers guests a vibrant, contemporary experience, while evoking the warm nostalgia of bygone days, delivering a blend of hospitality and elegance with a wealth of modern facilities and fresh touches to satisfy today's discerning guests.
- Situated on an impressive beachfront on the eastern seaboard of KwaZulu Natal, the hotel is just a five-minute walk from the Village Center
DURBAN COUNTRY CLUB
- Breakfast and morning transfer to Durban Country Club. A course steeped in tradition and history, Durban Country Club boasts the unique claim of being the only course on the African continent to be rated in the Top 100 Golf Courses of the World by Golf Magazine USA and is rated in the top 6 in South Africa by Golf Digest SA.
- A combination of lush vegetation, sand dunes and stunning views of the Indian Ocean makes this course one of the most unique, and challenging, in the world. One of the defining characteristics of Durban Country Club is the massive undulations in the fairways, especially the 5th, 8th, and 17th. The course was built on sand dunes and they are large and interesting.
DURBAN CULTURAL & HERITAGE TOUR
- A journey to some of Durban’s most important historical sites and places where South Africa’s future was altered due to the bravery of a few individuals.
THE WILD COAST SUN
- After breakfast, morning transfer to Wild Coast Sun Resort- Home to one of the top championship golf courses in Southern Africa and various sports and recreational facilities including horse riding, paddle-boats, river cruises, and wake snake and tube rides. The resort also features a casino that offers blackjack, roulette, 24-hour slot machines and video poker, and regular promotions.
WILD COAST SUN COUNTRY CLUB
- Breakfast and morning round of golf. A first glance at the scorecard might suggest that this course is a bit of a push-over - less than 6,000 meters in length with six par threes. In reality, the Wild Coast Sun Country Club is one of South Africa's most testing layouts. Renowned American golf course architect, Robert Trent Jones Jr has created a dramatic golfing experience overlooking the Ocean. Possibly the greatest challenge is to conquer the prevailing winds which add an entirely new dimension to the course. Some of South Africa's finest and certainly most dramatic golf holes can be found here. The thirteenth, a par 3 played across a waterfall is generally regarded as the best short hole in the country.
SAN LAMEER GOLF ESTATE
- Breakfast and morning transfer to The San Lameer Estate, the most sought-after golf estate resort and the only estate that has direct access to two blue-flag beaches in SA. The San Lameer Estate, on the South Coast of Kwa-Zulu Natal, was the very first golf estate developed in South Africa. San Lameer is a 169-hectare nature conservancy, landscaped with 620 privately owned luxury villas surrounding the trying 18 hole, professional golf course, and a world-class hotel.
- The climate of San Lameer is pleasantly sub-tropical, with cool breezes from the Indian Ocean. San Lameer is the ultimate holiday destination for golfers and families and offers superb investment opportunities.
SAY FAREWELL TO SOUTH AFRICA
- Breakfast and morning transfer back to Durban’s King Shaka International airport for your flight home
DatesUnlike most tour operators, you are not required to choose a fixed date or travel with a group. You can choose to begin your private tour on any date. These are EVERYDAY DEPARTURES.
|3 Star||4 Star||5 Star|
|High Season (May-Nov)||
|Low Season (Dec)||
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
- Single supplement price for single room as part of a group of 2 or more.
- One person traveling alone will incur a higher price due to private tour.
- All prices and fares are quoted in U.S. dollars and subject to change.
- Prices for 5 & more travelers available upon request.