Israel: Petra & Eilat Optional Stopover Experience
Endlessly alluring and fascinating, the hidden city of Petra has ensnared the imagination of mankind for centuries. From the earliest explorers to the modern wave of visitors fueled by the Treasury’s appearance in the film, “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade,” countless curious explorers have been drawn here by the mystique of the “Hidden City.”
This trip not only gives you the once-in-a-lifetime chance to visit this fascinating UNESCO World Heritage Site, but also takes you through some of the region’s beautiful scenery, including the lush seaside resort of Aqaba in Jordan and Israel’s beachfront city of Eilat.
This package is only available for purchase as an extension to the following packages:
- Journey from Eilat to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan for a trip to the “hidden” city of Petra. You can tour the city on horseback or on foot, as you prefer.
- Tour through the lush seaside resort town of Aqaba, soaking in beautiful scenery.
- Exclusive access to the Dan VIP Lounge at Ben Gurion Airport.
AccommodationsActivities as SpecifiedEnglish Speaking GuideGovernment taxesMeals as SpecifiedTransportation
Domestic AirfareInternational AirfareTips For Tour GuidesTravel InsuranceVisa Processing
TEL AVIV / EILAT
- Morning transfer is provided to the airport for your flight to Eilat. Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to the your hotel. Balance of day at leisure to enjoy the facilities at your hotel on the Red Sea.
EILAT / PETRA / EILAT
- A most unforgettable day touring Petra. Morning transfer from your hotel in Eilat to the Arava border crossing. Assistance at the border is provided. Arrive in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and drive to the “hidden” city of Petra.
- Start the visit with a horse ride, or, if you prefer, an exhilarating walk from the main gate to the entrance of the Old City. Continue by foot to visit the rose-red city of Petra—city of the Edomites and later the Nabateans. Visit the Treasury carved out of a single piece of rock. The site was made famous in the movie “Indiana Jones”; see the Theatre Tombs, Hall of Justice, Palaces and Temples. After Lunch, depart Petra driving to the resort city of Aqaba for a short panoramic tour before returning to the Arava border crossing back to Eilat.
- Transfer to your hotel in Eilat for overnight.
EILAT / TEL AVIV DEPARTURE
- Day at leisure in glorious Eilat.
- Late afternoon, transfer provided to Eilat airport for your flight to Tel Aviv departing early evening. Upon arrival in Tel Aviv’s Ben Gurion Airport (domestic terminal), you will be met and transferred to the international terminal where our representative will assist you with all the security, airline check- in and passport formalities. Late evening departure for your flight home.