Greece: Athens City Break
The magnificent Acropolis, visible from almost every part of the city, is the hub around which Athens still revolves. This temple city, built in the 5th century BC, serves as a daily reminder to Greeks of their heritage and the city’s many transformations. All over the urban basin, rooftops and balconies angle toward the landmark, a block of milky marble atop a steep-sided hill. Pull up your own chair, settle in and allow time to appreciate the Acropolis’ many moods, as the light shifts and the clouds cast their shifting shadows.
The cultural and social life of Athens plays out amid, around and in landmarks that are centuries old, if not millennia. The remnants of Ancient Greece get the most attention, of course, thanks to a little thing called democracy. Oh, and mythology, and drama, and philosophy. But don’t overlook the ‘later’ years: thousand-year-old Byzantine churches, for instance, which squat, unruffled in the middle of streets and attached to hillsides. Ottoman traces can be seen in architecture and in food. And the neoclassical style of the 19th century adds elegance all over the centre.
AccommodationsActivities as SpecifiedEnglish Speaking GuideGovernment taxesMeals as SpecifiedTransportation
Domestic AirfareInternational AirfareTips For Tour GuidesTravel InsuranceVisa Processing
WELCOME TO ATHENS!
- Arrive in Athens on your own via port or airport and proceed to your accommodation where you can relax for the rest of the day.
- In the evening, enjoy a night out on the time in historic Athens.
CAPE SOUNION EXCURSION
- In the morning, you'll be picked up from the hotel and embark on the drive along the coastal road, passing the wonderful beaches to the most Southern point of Attica, Cape Sounion, where the white marble pillars of the Temple of Poseidon stand.
- Enjoy an evening on your own, venture out and see all that the town has to offer!
AFTERNOON ATHENS CITY TOUR
- This tour gives you the opportunity to observe the striking contrasts that make Athens such a fascinating city.
- Depart from your hotel and proceed to your port or airport. [Private Luxury Transfer to the port/airport.]