Ethiopia: Culinary & City Short Stopover Tour
Since its establishment in the 19th century, Addis Ababa has always seemed like a magical portal, a gateway to another world. For the rural masses of Ethiopia it was, and is, a city whose streets are paved in gold; for a foreign visitor, the gateway of Addis Ababa is at the verge of an ancient and mystical world. Founded in 1886 by Menelik II, Addis Ababa is situated at 8,000 ft above sea level. It is one of the highest capital cities in the world, after La Paz and Quito in South America. The city enjoys an excellent climate all year round, with an average temperature of 77F. With multiethnic population of over five million, Addis Ababa is a pleasant city with wide avenues of jacarandas, interesting museums, and one of the largest open-air markets in Africa, known as the “Mercato”.
Ethiopia is a great county to combine with the incredible safari destinations of Kenya, Tanzania, or even Uganda! We recommend travels take a bit of time exploring any of these unique wildlife encounters with the incredibly rich culture of Ethiopia.
Schedules can be modified based on flight schedules.
- Amazing Guided City Tour of Addis Ababa
- Experience Addis Ababa’s Open Air Markets
- Delicious Meals with Local Chefs
- Best View In Ethiopia From The Top Of Entoto Mountain
- Enjoy a Traditional Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony
- Authentic Cultural Song and Dance Performance
AccommodationsActivities as SpecifiedEnglish Speaking GuideGovernment taxesMeals as SpecifiedTransportation
Domestic AirfareInternational AirfareTips For Tour GuidesTravel InsuranceVisa Processing
ARRIVE ADDIS ABABA / CULINARY TOUR
- Arrive in early morning in Addis Ababa (ADD), Ethiopia. Upon arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport, you will be welcomed and assisted by your tour guide and driver for the transfer to your hotel.
- After check in you will start your culinary tour of Addis Ababa with a private guide. You will start at Shola Gebeya market- one of the largest open air markets for spices, fruits, vegetables and so much more. After the market we will visit three unique local Ethiopian restaurants to taste a variety of Ethiopian dishes. Some traditional and some not so traditional.
- In the late afternoon we will enjoy a traditional Ethiopian coffee ceremony before driving to the top of Entoto Mountain for the best view of Addis Ababa. We will have a nice sundowner while enjoying the sunset and the view of Addis Ababa!
- In the evening, you will experience a farewell dinner party with traditional Ethiopian buffet, local drinks and be entertained with a cultural dance show featuring different ethnic groups.
- ACCOMMODATION: HOTEL IN ADDIS ABABA
- INCLUDED: TRANSPORTATION & ENTRANCE FEES
ADDIS ABABA / DEPARTURE
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and transfer to the airport for your flight onward.
- INCLUDED: TRANSPORTATION
DatesUnlike most tour operators, you are not required to choose a fixed date or travel with a group. You can choose to begin your private tour on any date. These are EVERYDAY DEPARTURES.
|3 Star||4 Star||5 Star|
|High Season (Apr, May, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct)||
|Low Season (Jan, Feb, Mar, Jun, Nov, Dec)||
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
- Single supplement price for single room as part of a group of 2 or more.
- One person traveling alone will incur a higher price due to private tour.
- All prices and fares are quoted in U.S. dollars and subject to change.
- Prices for 4 & more travelers available upon request.