China: Highlights with Breathtaking Yangtze River Cruise
Whoever said you can’t see the best of China in 15 days obviously hasn’t taken our 13-day highlight tour — an unparalleled experience for those who wish to immerse themselves into the rich history of incredible China. Come explore the Forbidden City, travel back in time to the Temple of Heaven, merge into the flow of Beijing’s bustling streets, scale the Great Wall of China, stand tall with the mind-boggling Terracotta Warriors, and experience the soul-lifting cuisines that define Shanghai. Buckle up, this is going to be the time of your life!
Whoever said you can’t see the best parts of China is 15 days, obviously didn’t see our 13 day highlight tour. An experience for those that want to immerse themselves into the rich history of China. Come explore the Forbidden City, travel back in time to the Teample of Heaven, walk the bustling streets of Beijing, scale the Great Wall of China, stand tall with the awe-inspiring Terracotta Warriors, and experience the soul-lifting cuisines of Shanghai.
- Explore the Forbidden City and engage the true royal experience
- Travel back in time to the Temple of Heaven and Summer Palace
- Visit the classical gardens that help define the stunning Summer Palace
- Visit the less-traveled Mutianyu section of the enthralling Great Wall
- Cruise the photogenic Li River surrounded by stunning limestone peaks
- See the awesome Terracotta Warriors, horses, and chariots
- Take a cruise down the Yangtze River and absorb its breathtaking scenery
- Experience both the old and new Shanghai
AccommodationsActivities as SpecifiedEnglish Speaking GuideGovernment taxesMeals as SpecifiedTransportation
Domestic AirfareInternational AirfareTips For Tour GuidesTravel InsuranceVisa Processing
ARRIVAL / BEIJING
- Upon arrival, your private tour guide will meet and greet you with warm smiles and professional service. It will take about an hour from the airport to your centrally located downtown hotel.
- Along the way to the hotel your tour guide will provide a brief introduction to Beijing.
- Check-in the hotel and enjoy evening at your leisure to rest up for your fantastic China adventure. Prepare for timeless joy!
- During the first day of your China tour, your tour guide will accompany you to start the city exploration from Tiananmen Square, the political center of present China. Walking through Tiananmen Gate, get to the splendid Forbidden City - the seat of power since 600 years ago which always amazes visitors from all over the world with its imposing pavilions, elegant ornaments and lively historic stories.
- Afterwards, visit the imperial Summer Palace and enjoy a short cruise on Kunming Lake.
- After breakfast, your tour guide will accompany you to explore Tiananmen Square, the current political center of China.
- As you walk through Tiananmen Gate, you'll behold the magnitude of the splendid Forbidden City, which was the seat of power for nearly 600 years. Visitor from every corner of the planet are wowed by its imposing pavilions, elegant ornamentation, and massive history.
- In the afternoon, we'll visit the Imperial Summer Palace and enjoy a leisurely cruise on scenic Kunming Lake.
BEIJING / XI'AN
- After breakfast and hotel check out, you'll spend the morning at the Temple of Heaven, a truly impressive site that's chock full of of history and architectural splendor combined with a genuine local atmosphere. You'll see how local retired people enrich their daily lives by learning Chinese taichi from a master -- feel free to jump in!
- Next we'll transfer to the railway station for the high-speed train to Xian.
- Enjoy lunch and the scenic journey during the relaxing five-hour train ride. Upon arrival, your local tour guide will welcome and transfer you to your hotel.
- Today's wow moment are the awe-inspiring Terracotta Warriors. You'll have ample time to ponder and marvel at this grand array of thousands of life-sized and lifelike clay soldiers, horses and chariots.
- Afterwards, visit Xian Art Ceramic's factory and then drive about one hour back to the city to visit its ancient City Wall, where you will explore the narrow bazaar streets in the Muslim Quarter and visit the largest mosque in Xi'an, the Great Mosque.
XI'AN / GUILIN
- After an early rise, transfer on a flight to Guilin.
- Upon arrival, your tour guide and driver will welcome you at the arrival hall and escort you to visit the Reed Flute Cave where you'll behold many stalactites and stalagmites illuminated by colorful lights -- and also learn how they were formed.
- Later in the afternoon, we'll transfer to the hotel to check in. Then, you can experience Guilin independently (there's a lot going on)!
GUILIN / YANGSHUO
- After breakfast, transfer to the port for the Li River cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo, which is typically the ultimate essence of a perfect Guilin tour. The four-hour cruise starting from Zhujiang dock treats you to breathtaking views of upright limestone pinnacles and pastoral countryside that flank both sides of the crystal-clear river. Lunch will be served on the board -- talk about the ultimate picnic!
- Disembark in Yangshuo around 1:30pm and stroll along famous West Street. You'll then be transferred to the hotel in wonderful Yangshuo for a free evening to explore on your own -- you'll love this unique town!
YANGSHUO / GUILIN / CHONGQING / YANGTZE RIVER
- After breakfast, you'll be transferred to the airport for your flight to Chongqing. On arrival, a local tour guide will pick you up for a city tour and visit to the giant pandas at the Chongqing Zoo. This epic moment will be followed by a traditional (often spicy) hot-pot dinner in Chongqing. After dinner, transfer to the port for departure.
- The 398-passenger, 456-foot-long Century Paragon contains all the luxurious touches of a five-star floating hotel as she glides along China’s legendary Yangtze River. On-board the vessel, guests are treated to ocean cruise-liner type features including a sweeping seven-story atrium, a spacious indoor pool, and a professional spa area. Elegant dining venues, full service bars, WiFi access in public areas, and a dedicated cinema are just some of the amenities guests can look forward to -- now you're on vacation!
- Relax and prepare to be dazzled as your ship carries you through some of the world's most glorious scenery. Limestone cliffs sheathed in green foliage loom above the riverbank as mountains wreathed in mist tower in the distance. The river itself, deep and powerful, busy and serene, adds to the enchantment as it carries you past bucolic fishing villages, hillside rice-paddies, ancient cliff carvings, and historic temples.
- Optional afternoon shore excursion to the Shi Baozhai Pagoda -- the bright red Pagoda was originally built into the side of a mountain peak, but that peak became an island after the completion of the Three Gorges Dam. This is when the incredible power of this dam begins to dawn on you.
- A full day cruising the Yangtze River’s mystical, beautiful and completely mesmerizing Three Gorges has scenery that has captivated artists and poets for thousands of years.
- Optional shore excursion to the Shennvong Stream in the afternoon -- a tributary of the Yangtze that flows through some of the most magical scenery in the Three Gorges region. Pristine waters shimmer as sheer cliffs and verdant landscapes rise overhead. Mysterious traces of ancient peoples appear in the cliff facades, including coffins suspended among seemingly unreachable rocks. Now are you are truly rolling on the river!
YANGTZE RIVER / YICHANG / SHANGHAI
- Disembark Century Paragon at Maoping pier in the morning. To catch your morning flight to Shanghai, your guide will pick you up at the pier for transfer to the airport.
- You'll be greeted at the Shanghai Airport by your guide and transferred to your hotel and have the chance to explore this thriving metropolis on your own in the evening. Go for it!
- Today we have a full day to explore all the best of what Shanghai has to offer, including...
- Yu Garden, a supreme representative of a classic Chinese garden.
- Yuyuan Market, a bustling bazaar in Shanghai's incredible old town.
- The universally adored Bund and Former French Concession,
- Shanghai Tower, China's tallest building and the world's second highest. Yes, you are on top of the world!
- After breakfast, your guide and driver will pick you up for airport transfer and your onward flight.
DatesUnlike most tour operators, you are not required to choose a fixed date or travel with a group. You can choose to begin your private tour on any date. These are EVERYDAY DEPARTURES.
|3 Star||4 Star||5 Star|
|High Season (Apr, May, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct)||
|Low Season (Jan, Feb, Mar, Jun, Nov, Dec)||
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
- Single supplement price for single room as part of a group of 2 or more.
- One person traveling alone will incur a higher price due to private tour.
- All prices and fares are quoted in U.S. dollars and subject to change.
- Please note: Prices for 5 & more travelers available upon request.
- 2020 Blackout Dates: 24-31 Jan, 01-03 May, 13-15 Sep, 01-07 Oct. Holiday pricing may apply.