China: Beyond the Great Wall & Terracotta Warriors
Experience the riches of China on this odyssey that showcases the majestic Great Wall and so much more. From Beijing, where successive emperors lorded over the Chinese, to the Forbidden City’s palaces, to Guilin’s winding and scenic Li River, to Xian’s mind-blowing Terracotta Warriors…and of course, the thriving metropolis of Shanghai. Taking this amazing tour of China means yes, you can do it all — and in style!
- Shanghai’s Yu Garden, Yuyuan Market, the Bund & Former French Concession, and Shanghai Tower.
- Li River cruise embracing the ultimate essence of what Guilin and Yangshuo.
- Visit Reed Flute Cave where you’ll behold an “underground city” with colorful lights.
- Visit the world-famous Terracotta Warriors exploration site.
- Explore the narrow bazaar streets in Muslim Quarter and visit Xi’an’s largest mosque.
- Scale one of the Seven Wonders of the World, The Great Wall.
AccommodationsActivities as SpecifiedEnglish Speaking GuideGovernment taxesMeals as SpecifiedTransportation
Domestic AirfareInternational AirfareTips For Tour GuidesTravel InsuranceVisa Processing
- Upon arrival, your private tour guide will greet you with a warm smile and professionalism. It'll take about an hour to drive from the airport to your centrally located downtown hotel.
- En route to the hotel, your guide will provide a brief introduction to Beijing.
- Check into hotel with evening at your leisure to rest up for your amazing China adventure!
- Today we'll enjoy a full day to explore all the best of what Shanghai has to offer, including...
- Yu Garden, a supreme representative of a classic Chinese garden.
- Yuyuan Market, a bustling bazaar in Shanghai's incredible old town.
- The universally adored Bund and Former French Concession.
- Shanghai Tower, China's tallest building and the world's second highest. Yes, you are on top of the world!
SHANGHAI / GUILIN
- After breakfast and check out, we'll visit the famous Zhujiajiao Water Town and have a short boat ride through the villages to behold the old houses, stone bridges, and local traditions.
- We'll then transfer to the airport for your flight to Guilin (about 2.5 hours).
- Upon arrival, your local tour guide will greet and transfer you to your hotel for check in.
GUILIN / YANGSHUO
- After breakfast, you'll transfer to the port for the Li River cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo, which reveals the the ultimate essence of a terrific Guilin tour. The four-hour cruise starting from Zhujiang dock treats you to breathtaking views of upright limestone pinnacles and pastoral countryside that flank both sides of the crystal-clear river where lunch will be served on the board -- talk about the ultimate picnic!
- You'll disembark in Yangshuo around 1:30pm and stroll along famous West Street. You'll then be transferred to the hotel in captivating Yangshuo for a free evening to explore on your own -- you'll love this one-of-a-kind town!
YANGSHUO / GUILIN/ XI'AN
- Start your day with a leisurely breakfast, and then drive back to Guilin to visit Reed Flute Cave where you'll behold an "underground city" formed by a variety of stalactites and stalagmites that are decorated with colorful lights.
- Transfer to airport for your flight to Xi'an.
- Upon arrival you'll be greeted by your local guide and transferred to your hotel.
- Today's highlight are the mind-blowing Terracotta Warriors. You'll have ample time to marvel at the grand array of thousands of lifelike and life-sized clay soldiers, horses and chariots. Pinch yourself, you're here!
- Afterwards, we'll visit the Xian Art Ceramic's factory and then drive about one hour back to the city to behold its ancient City Wall.
XI'AN / BEIJING
- Xi'an is home to thousands of years of history, but there's so much more. Visitors from all parts of the world are fascinated by the routine of local people's daily lives. This morning, you'll explore the narrow bazaar streets in the Muslim Quarter and visit the largest mosque in Xi'an, the Great Mosque.
- After lunch we'll transfer to the railway station for a high-speed train to Chengdu.
- Enjoy the scenic journey during the relaxing four-hour train ride. Upon arrival, your local tour guide will welcome you and transfer you to your hotel.
- After breakfast, prepare for a dazzling tour of Beijing! Your tour guide will accompany you to explore Tiananmen Square, China’s current political center.
- Soon-after strolling through Tiananmen Gate, the magnificence of the splendid Forbidden City grabs you. It was China's seat of power for nearly 600 years and routinely amazes visitors from all over the world. The imposing pavilions and spectacular ornamentation help bring its storied history to life.
- Depending on the season and weather permitting, we’ll visit the Imperial Summer Palace and enjoy a scenic and leisurely cruise upon Kunming Lake.
- In the late afternoon, we’ll explore the Temple of Heaven, a truly unmatched site full overflowing with history, bewildering architecture, and a genuine local atmosphere. You’ll also partake in how retired locals enrich their daily lives by learning Taichi from a master!
- No Beijing tour is complete without a visit to the incredible Great Wall; on this day you'll experience one of the Seven Wonders of the World!
- After breakfast, we'll drive approximately two hours to visit the Great Wall's less-visited Mutianyu section via a cable car ride, both up and down -- with tobogganing back down as an option. While strolling upon these venerable ramparts, you'll be dazzled by this unprecedented construction and its gorgeous surrounding landscapes.
- In the afternoon, we'll experience historic Beijing by entering into a narrow-laned Hutong neighborhood, where you'll enjoy a leisurely walk that reveals a day in the lives of local Beijingers. Depending upon the date and time, this afternoon may include additional surprises, like visiting a cricket trainer and listening to his tales about cricket fighting.
- Your private tour guide and driver will transfer you to Beijing Capital International Airport, help you check in, and see you off at the security gate for your flight home.
DatesUnlike most tour operators, you are not required to choose a fixed date or travel with a group. You can choose to begin your private tour on any date. These are EVERYDAY DEPARTURES.
|3 Star||4 Star||5 Star|
|High Season (Apr, May, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct)||
|Low Season (Jan, Feb, Mar, Jun, Nov, Dec)||
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
- Single supplement price for single room as part of a group of 2 or more.
- One person traveling alone will incur a higher price due to private tour.
- All prices and fares are quoted in U.S. dollars and subject to change.
- Please note: Prices for 5 & More travelers available upon request.
- 2020 Blackout Dates: 24-31 Jan, 01-03 May, 13-15 Sep, 01-07 Oct. Holiday pricing may apply.